Monday, November 21, 2011

My Car ^_^

I drive a 1992 Saturn, which has a semi-long history behind it (half of which I really don’t want to know). When he was 18, my dad got his first car that was his and not borrowed from my grandmother. She helped pay for it over the next few years. When he was about 21, my father allowed my mother to use his car to learn to drive, which was a difficult task when she was pregnant and probably before. My mother put several scratches in that car like you wouldn’t believe. Though, my father once punched it hard enough to leave a dent, one of the many. Abused and worn, this car went through me and my sister. We both got car sick easily. I would bet money that at least half the old stains in the backseat belong to me. My parents, who were from California, did not drive like the average Washington, though my mother got her first license here. After the long years and one year of being stranded in our yard, this old girl is still running, if not fitfully, for me. Though half the safety parts need to be replaced, she still runs like a junker, but a semi-dependable junkie. Through the last few months, she has only failed me twice, both last week. The battery needed to be replaced because her mechanic is an idiot. All in all, this history filled car is both a love and pain, much like the distant past. Some fail and do not rise. Others fail and rise stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment